Pages

free Bio

This blog is managed by us two sisters, known to some as Ants and Epic. We're a pair of up-and-coming authors and avid readers. This blog is mainly full of honest, Christian book-reviews and an occasional update about our writing. We love hearing from you all so feel free to drop a comment anywhere to just say hi!
Also, got any book suggestions? Something you'd like to see reviewed? Leave the title in the comments and we'll try to get to it!

Monday, January 11, 2016

2015 Review: Favorite Books

Hello, I'm back! You may have noticed but I'll point it out anyways that our Ants and Epic profile has changed to my Google+ profile of Therru Ghibli. Us sisters still work on this blog together but I'm hoping this will simply be a more convenient way for people to follow!
 Now, after taking a little break from blogging (but not reading, I'll have plenty of reviews later) I'm ready to jump back in by looking over some of my favorite reads from last year!

Early on this year my sister stumbled upon the Ilyon Chronicles: Resistance, The King's Scrolls, and Half-Blood. This amazing series swept us both away and made us avid fans, also giving us the courage to dive into more self-published Christian fantasy!

Because of that we also managed to discover The Blades of Acktar series: Dare and Deny. Another amazing series with such fantastic characters that forced me to love or hate and some even had me torn in between!

Another series we literally stumbled upon and immediately fell in love with was the  Riyria Revalations. While we've only been able to read the first two in the series so far, Theft of Swords and Rise of Empire; we've become so hooked that we're trying t buy the last since our library doesn't have it. I might point out that this is something we don't normally do! This series is just worth it!

I read quite a bit of manga last year (not all of which I managed to review though those might be forth coming), but the one that really stood out and pulled at my heart strings was Kataribe no List. (For those unfamiliar with the term manga, it means Japanese comic books). This little tale had everything I love in a story: a cute kid, her protector, fantastic fairytales, adventure, humor, heartbreak, and awesome artwork!

Other books I enjoyed immensely were: The Neverending Story The Little Prince, and The Thief Lord, all stories that tug on your heart strings and, while new to me, seemed very nostalgic. On a side note, all three have/are getting film adaptions that might be worth looking into (I've only seen two out of the three though.)

This is an incomplete list since I'm simply narrowing down to the best of the best. Most of the books I read last year were highly enjoyable! And I hope to discover plenty more this year as well! So, what were your favorite reads from 2015?

No comments:

Post a Comment