Pages

free Bio

This blog is managed by us two sisters, known to some as Ants and Epic. We're a pair of up-and-coming authors and avid readers. This blog is mainly full of honest, Christian book-reviews and an occasional update about our writing. We love hearing from you all so feel free to drop a comment anywhere to just say hi!
Also, got any book suggestions? Something you'd like to see reviewed? Leave the title in the comments and we'll try to get to it!

Monday, August 3, 2015

Book Review: The Little Prince



Summary: After the outbreak of the Second World War Saint-Exupéry was exiled to North America. In the midst of personal upheavals and failing health, he produced almost half of the writings for which he would be remembered, including a tender tale of loneliness, friendship, love, and loss, in the form of a young alien prince fallen to Earth. An earlier memoir by the author had recounted his aviation experiences in the Sahara Desert, and he is thought to have drawn on those same experiences in The Little Prince.

Thoughts: It is almost a crime the fact that this tiny book has been set down on children's shelves and ignored by a single adult! It is most definitely a crime that it took me this long to discover, purchase and read this novella.  Despite being a small, seemingly whimsical story, this tale is like no other and had me crying at the end which is not something I find myself doing much anymore. I cannot stress enough how much I loved this story! While I'm no saying this book isn't for children, I am saying no adult or teen should avoid it! Jam packed with a lesson and story for all ages it is a book to be read while young, then older and finally old. I fully intend to reread once my heart has healed!

Content: This story is perfectly clean!

No comments:

Post a Comment