Pages

free Bio

This blog is managed by us two sisters, known to some as Ants and Epic. We're a pair of up-and-coming authors and avid readers. This blog is mainly full of honest, Christian book-reviews and an occasional update about our writing. We love hearing from you all so feel free to drop a comment anywhere to just say hi!
Also, got any book suggestions? Something you'd like to see reviewed? Leave the title in the comments and we'll try to get to it!

Monday, June 27, 2016

Book Review: Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone



Summary: Harry Potter thinks he is an ordinary boy. He lives with his Uncle Vernon, Aunt Petunia and cousin Dudley, who are mean to him and make him sleep in a cupboard under the stairs. (Dudley, however, has two bedrooms, one to sleep in and one for all his toys and games.) Then Harry starts receiving mysterious letters and his life is changed forever. He is whisked away by a beetle-eyed giant of a man and enrolled at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. The reason: Harry Potter is a wizard! The first book in the "Harry Potter" series makes the perfect introduction to the world of Hogwarts.

Thoughts: Believe it or not, this was my first time picking up a Harry Potter book. I'm not really sure why. I've seen the first two or three movies but I'm only just now getting to read the series. So, despite you all probably all already knowing about it, let me give you a fresh perspective...
Fantastic! Filled with characters I couldn't help falling in love with immediately I was sucked in from chapter one!
 The plot moves with great pacing, never too fast, never too slow, setting up a brand new world with grace and charm and a hint of darkness.
 The writing really grabbed me, it's been a little while since I read something from England and, I have to say, it reads like a classic with a more lively plot! I loved sinking into that feel that is nostalgia and childhood for me. 
So yeah, I loved it! It was a great, magical, read and filled with just about everything I love in a book! 

Content: While a few of the scenes are a bit spooky, few children will have a problem with it. There is also plenty of magic, light and dark. Overall, a great read for anyone of any age!

No comments:

Post a Comment