Pages

free Bio

This blog is managed by us two sisters, known to some as Ants and Epic. We're a pair of up-and-coming authors and avid readers. This blog is mainly full of honest, Christian book-reviews and an occasional update about our writing. We love hearing from you all so feel free to drop a comment anywhere to just say hi!
Also, got any book suggestions? Something you'd like to see reviewed? Leave the title in the comments and we'll try to get to it!

Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Book Review: Wanted


 Summary: TO THEM, HE WAS AN EXPERIMENT, TO HER, HE WAS FAMILY 
  The first time I saw him, I had no idea he was created in a lab.
 I'd been living on the streets for around eight months before I lost count. It wasn't easy, but it was still preferable to what I had to deal with at home. In all that time, unable to trust anyone, I had been alone (I knew from experience that people always failed you). Then one day, while out searching for food, I stumbled upon this mangy dog being attacked.
 It wasn't a big deal to help him, but then he ended up saving my life which is when I realized there was something special about him: Muttface wasn't a normal dog - he was crazy intelligent. I'm talking Mensa levels. And he wasn’t an accident either, having recently escaped from a mysterious lab.
 We were just getting to know each other when things took a bloody turn.
 The vet, Sully, a troubled guy who had recently lost his wife to cancer, did what he could and I guess that would've been the end of our story if we hadn't been attacked by a gang of mercenaries who destroyed Sully's clinic and seemed intent on doing the same to us.
 So now here we were, the three of us. On the run across the country against a powerful enemy. Who were they and what did they want with us?
  Through the danger, terror, and pain, one thing was becoming clear to me: I had finally found the family I had always wanted and I would do anything to keep them safe...
 Even if it meant risking my own life.
    WHO THIS BOOK WILL APPEAL TO 

 Did you love how awesome Katniss was? How, despite being so scared, she risked her life to save her loved ones?
 Did you root for Eleven, who was tortured then hunted for her special abilities?
 How about Ellie and Joel or Logan and Laura - did you love their relationship?
 Do you like characters who feel so real, that they leap off the page?
 What about gripping page-turners filled with action and thrills?
 If you love all this and more, and you're looking for an original story, one that will make you both laugh and cry, then you should try Wanted.
**Free to read if you have a Kindle Unlimited subscription**
**This book is a clean read.**


Thoughts: That summary was completely Amazon's (or the blurb writer's) words, not mine. While I do believe that a younger audience will enjoy this book more than a mature one there are a few things to be cautious about. I'll list them in the contents below. For now, thoughts on the story...
 The plot is exactly what the summary claims it is, a lone teenage girl, a scientifically-made genius dog, and a vet are on the run from and evil corporation. The story gets kudos for trying to make the villain original, he has a backstory and is as real as anyone else, but the whole thing comes off a little cheesy and clique. Not really a bad thing if you're in the mood for a fluffy, feel-good story.
 The characters are good though, again, feel-good cheesy and a little predicable. But everything's well done, none of it is bad or even annoying, it could almost be a Hallmark movie if not for the needles and guns.
 All in all, a cute and light read, suitable for most ages.

Content: A few D***s and H***s were used and there were gun fights that were intense but non-descriptive in cases of gore and blood. Mild descriptions of surgery that could unsettle anyone who dislikes blood. Otherwise a clean read for most ages but I can't say all due to the language. 

No comments:

Post a Comment