Pages

free Bio

This blog is managed by us two sisters, known to some as Ants and Epic. We're a pair of up-and-coming authors and avid readers. This blog is mainly full of honest, Christian book-reviews and an occasional update about our writing. We love hearing from you all so feel free to drop a comment anywhere to just say hi!
Also, got any book suggestions? Something you'd like to see reviewed? Leave the title in the comments and we'll try to get to it!

Friday, February 3, 2017

Book Review: A Time To Die

 Summary: How would you live if you knew the day you'd die?
 Parvin Blackwater has wasted her life. At only seventeen, she has one year left according to the Clock by her bedside. 
 In a last-ditch effort to make a difference, she tries to rescue Radicals from the crooked justice system. But when the authorities find out about her illegal activity, they cast her through the Wall -- her people's death sentence. 
 What she finds on the other side about the world, about eternity, and about herself changes Parvin forever and might just save her people. But her Clock is running out.

Thoughts: This is a book I've had sitting on my To-Read shelf for way too long. I've been following the author for over a year on her blog and newsletters and I knew I really needed to read her books and so, at long last, I've started!
 First off, A Time To Die has some fabulous writing. Emotional pulls and ups and downs all make for a wild ride.
 And then the plot, very unique and captivating. Never a pause in the action and suspense. We're kept biting our nails and shaking our heads through the every end.
 And the characters...well, I'll admit, I had a hard time connecting with Parvin. We just process things differently. But I really loved the majority of the cast I and understood even Parvin's motivations.

 Content: Violence. Death. Otherwise a clean read and great for all dystopian fans looking for some Christian influence in the genre!

No comments:

Post a Comment