Pages

free Bio

This blog is managed by us two sisters, known to some as Ants and Epic. We're a pair of up-and-coming authors and avid readers. This blog is mainly full of honest, Christian book-reviews and an occasional update about our writing. We love hearing from you all so feel free to drop a comment anywhere to just say hi!
Also, got any book suggestions? Something you'd like to see reviewed? Leave the title in the comments and we'll try to get to it!

Monday, January 2, 2017

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

 Image result for happy new year 2017 gif



So I really meant for this post to happen yesterday but my break from all things during Christmas extended a little farther than I meant for it to. And so here it is a slightly late Happy New Year from us to you!

Just to recap 2016:
 I got my license (yes, driver's license).
 I got a car.
 I got a job.
 A wonderful new addition was born into our family.
 Epic and I finished writing a manuscript.
 I managed to make a small animatic I'm rather proud of.
 I took a CPR class.
 Epic started learning Korean.

Resolutions for 2017 are...well probably the biggest I've ever had.
 I'm joining a charity foundation that will let me work with kids and horses over the summer-fall months.
 I'm looking into getting a second job in the evenings babysitting.
 I want to read a hundred books! I know I can, I just need to keep track of my reading.
 I'm (deep breath) planning on moving later this year. Yup, officially moving out of the house and out on my own. Well, mostly on my own. I'll be moving in with my cousin but we'll be sharing rent and bills and such.
 And here's the nearest one: I want to get my manuscript published...this year if possible but at least to dive into the editing process. Do you know what that means? Beta-readers. I need beta-readers to look through our story and give us feedback from a reader's perspective. And we really need all the help we can get. Details are below and, if you're interested, you can fill out the form to sign up and have us forever grateful!

Working Title:  To Catch A Dragon (Subject to change and any suggestions would be welcome).
Authors: Abby and Erin C.
Genre: YA Fantasy
Chapters: 62 (Averege length of chapters being about 4 Word Doc pages).
Page Count: 259 (Word Document)
Word Count: 159,726
Blurb: A retelling of the 12 Dancing Princesses.
            When Timothy Whillip's little sister is claimed as a sacrifice for the mysterious Dragon's Bane, he sets off on a quest to find a dragon to stop the bane before it's too late. Helping him is a group of strange princesses who all seem to be cursed...
Content: Some dark themes involving life and death. Some magic (as in fairies and wizards, fairly typical).

It's a really long book so to anyone gracious enough to be willing to devote time into reading and critiquing I'm thinking two months is a fair amount of time. And to everyone interested, Thank You!
To everyone else, thanks for reading our blog.
I wish all of you a Wonderful New Year!




4 comments:

  1. Happy New Year! congrats on your accomplishments! and wow congrats on finishing your book! it defiantly sounds interning! How exciting that your calling for beta-readers?!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm super excited and super nervous but mostly excited!

      Delete
  2. Your 2016 sounds like it was great! And looks like 2017 should be plenty exciting! Moving out is a big step! Hope it goes well for you. I'll finally be out on my own hopefully this fall after graduation and getting a job and everything. I'm excited. :)

    Good luck with the reading goal! I'm only doing 50 again this year. I passed it last year, but I'm not sure I'm brave enough to shoot for 100 yet. :P Crazy, since I'm usually a fast reader and everything. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it was a good year and I have high hopes for this one one too. Good luck with your own move b hunting!

      I'm not sure I'll actually make it to 100 but I've always wanted to try so this is the year I see how far I can get!

      Delete