Pages

free Bio

This blog is managed by us two sisters, known to some as Ants and Epic. We're a pair of up-and-coming authors and avid readers. This blog is mainly full of honest, Christian book-reviews and an occasional update about our writing. We love hearing from you all so feel free to drop a comment anywhere to just say hi!
Also, got any book suggestions? Something you'd like to see reviewed? Leave the title in the comments and we'll try to get to it!

Thursday, September 17, 2015

Book Review: Gregor and the Prophecy of the Bane



Summary: Gregor swears he will never return to the Underland, that strange world below New York City. But he is a key player in another prophecy, this one about an ominous white rat called the Bane. The Underlanders know there is only one way to lure Gregor back to their world: by kidnapping his little sister, Boots.
Now Gregor's quest reunites him with his bat, Ares, and the rebellious princess Luxa. They descend into the dangerous Waterway in search of the Bane. If Gregor does not fulfill the prophecy, his life, and the Underland, will never be the same.

Thoughts: Can I start this off by stating that I'm very happy that this is a series and seems to focus almost solely on Gregor's relationship with Boots? Well, I did. I loved this book and thoroughly enjoyed all the action and suspense, the journey and the plot twist! That surprised me and...well, I won't tell you but I thought it was fantastic! And of, course, I loved Boots! Boots and Gregor together made my day (these are actually pretty light reads and I managed to read two in two days)! Now, I do have to say that this book became even more dark than its predecessor, there were shockingly sudden deaths and some fairly brutal fights, but over all I found it endearing and another great read!

Content: Again, violence and death are really the most problematic themes. Then of course there's the underlying trouble of Gregor's family being poor and their struggle to get by, but I wouldn't say this is a real problem so much as it might be eye opening for some children. 

No comments:

Post a Comment